You will receive an email invitation to Welcome Trojans orientation once we have received your intent to enroll and your commitment deposit. You must make a Welcome Trojans reservation to participate in orientation programming. Watch your USC email for your invitation.
When you make your reservation, select a date and time for the following:
- Course Registration
- Online Orientation
- On-Campus Orientation
The following are automatically included as part of your reservation:
- Pre-Registration Checklist
- Online Academic Advising
- Trojan Engagement Center
You will be able to add a maximum of two guests to your Welcome Trojans reservation. All reserved guests receive access to the Trojan Engagement Center. If you are attending an On-Campus Orientation event, your guests are welcome to participate. (Reservations are required and additional fees may apply.)
Course Registration and Online Orientation sessions close when they reach capacity, so do not delay in making your reservation.
Please note: Your Welcome Trojans reservation is not confirmed until you receive your confirmation email!
Extended time for placement exams:
- If necessary, you may request extended time for Math and Chemistry placement exams when making your Welcome Trojans reservation.
- Accommodations approved as part of your Welcome Trojans reservation do not apply to any other exams.
All other accommodation requests:
- You will have the opportunity to enter any accommodation requests when making your Welcome Trojans reservation.
- A representative from the Office of Orientation Programs will contact you to discuss your request further. Be sure to check your USC email.
- All virtual sessions will be live-captioned using Zoom’s auto-captioning feature.
All other accommodation requests for the academic year must be submitted to the Office of Student Accessibility Services.
Advising & Registration
Your Pre-Registration Checklist will be available on Blackboard starting August 14.
- This checklist contains information that prepares you for Course Registration.
- Complete your Pre-Registration Checklist prior to Online Academic Advising.
Online Academic Advising
- All academic advising is done online, in an individual or group setting.
- Your academic advisor will contact you to schedule your academic advising appointment, which will take place the week of your reserved Course Registration date.
- Check your USC email often for information from your academic advisor!
- Registration for first-semester classes is completed online for all students.
- Web Registration will update your registration time two hours prior to your Course Registration session.
Welcome Trojans orientation gives you the chance to meet other new students and learn more about life at USC.
Winter orientation is hosted online via Zoom. You will also be invited to attend an On-Campus Orientation Event on Move-In Day. Your guests may attend the On-Campus Orientation with you. Reservations are required.
Trojan Engagement Center
The Trojan Engagement Center is your central hub for webinars, on-demand videos, virtual student services fairs, and much, much more! You and your reserved guests will be able to access the engagement center starting in August. Plan to visit it frequently throughout the fall as you prepare for your first semester at USC. Keep an eye on your USC email for more information!