Summer 2024 information will be available in early 2024.
You will receive an email invitation to Welcome Trojans orientation once we have received your intent to enroll and your commitment deposit. You must make a Welcome Trojans reservation to participate in orientation programming. Watch your USC email for your invitation.
When you make your reservation, select a date and time for the following:
- Course Registration
- On-Campus or Online Orientation
The following are automatically included as part of your reservation:
- Pre-Registration Checklist
- Online Academic Advising
- Trojan Engagement Center
You will be able to add a maximum of two guests to your Welcome Trojans reservation. All reserved guests receive access to the Trojan Engagement Center. If you are attending an On-Campus Orientation event, your guests are welcome to participate. (Reservations are required and additional fees may apply.)
Course Registration and Online Orientation sessions close when they reach capacity, so do not delay in making your reservation.
Please note: Your Welcome Trojans reservation is not confirmed until you receive your confirmation email!
Extended time for placement exams:
- If necessary, you may request extended time for Math and Chemistry placement exams when making your Welcome Trojans reservation.
- Accommodations approved as part of your Welcome Trojans reservation do not apply to any other exams.
All other accommodation requests:
- You will have the opportunity to enter any accommodation requests when making your Welcome Trojans reservation.
- A representative from the Office of Orientation Programs will contact you to discuss your request further. Be sure to check your USC email.
- All virtual sessions will be live-captioned using Zoom’s auto-captioning feature.
All other accommodation requests for the academic year must be submitted to the Office of Student Accessibility Services.
Advising & Registration
Your Pre-Registration Checklist will be available on Blackboard starting May 1.
- This checklist contains information that prepares you for Course Registration.
- Complete your Pre-Registration Checklist prior to Online Academic Advising.
Online Academic Advising
- All academic advising is done online, in an individual or group setting.
- Your academic advisor will contact you to schedule your academic advising appointment, which will take place the week of your reserved Course Registration date.
- Check your USC email often for information from your academic advisor!
- Registration for first-semester classes is completed online for all students.
- Session availability is based on your academic department.
- Web Registration will update your registration time two hours prior to your Course Registration session.
Welcome Trojans orientation gives you the chance to meet other new students and learn more about life at USC. You can participate in either an On-Campus or an Online Orientation.
Detailed information about your specific orientation will be included in your reminder emails. Be sure to pay close attention to your USC email all summer long!
- Held at the USC University Park Campus.
- Includes the option to add up to two guests to your reservation. Reservations are required for all guests. Fees may apply and must be paid when confirming your reservation.
- Requires participants to be on campus for the entire day. Please do not make travel plans that require you to leave campus early.
- Hosted on Zoom.
- Includes automatic reservation for an On-Campus Meet-and-Greet event during Move-In Day.
Trojan Engagement Center
The Trojan Engagement Center is your central hub for webinars, on-demand videos, virtual student services fairs, and much, much more! You and your reserved guests will be able to access the engagement center starting in May. Plan to visit it frequently throughout the summer as you prepare for your first semester at USC. Keep an eye on your USC email for more information!