FAQs: Admission - Admitted

How do I submit my Enrollment Commitment Deposit?

Visit you.usc.edu to submit your $300 commitment deposit online. First-year students admitted to the fall term, be sure to submit it by the May 1 National Candidates Reply Date to reserve your space in the incoming first-year class.

First-year students admitted to the spring semester should submit their deposit at you.usc.edu between June 1 and August 1.

Transfer students should submit their deposit at you.usc.edu by June 1 or within two weeks of receiving their admission letter.

Is it possible to switch majors prior to enrollment?

The Office of Admission does not facilitate switching majors. A change of major is granted at the discretion of the academic departments, who set their own policies and procedures for doing so.

An admitted student who wishes to change majors must contact both the current and intended academic departments to receive the appropriate permission and advising.

How do I cancel or withdraw my application for admission if I have decided not to apply to or enroll at USC?

To withdraw your application, log in to your youSC account and select “Withdraw your admission application” under the Applying to USC heading.

Is it possible to delay or defer my admission to a future term?

Students who have been formally admitted to USC but who wish to delay all undergraduate studies for one year should submit a USC Admission Deferral Request Form to the Admission Office. A deferral may be requested within one year of the original semester of application. (Example: You originally applied for the fall 2014 semester, and you wish to have your admission deferred to the fall 2015 semester.) Longer gaps required for religious reasons, or for compulsory military service, will also be considered.

Once you have been admitted, complete, sign and date the Admission Deferral Request Form and submit it to our office as soon as possible. Only students who have been formally admitted to USC may request a deferral.

What if my senior-year, final-term grades were not as strong as my previous grades?

To provide an explanation, please contact your USC admission counselor, who can be found by visiting our Find Your USC Counselor page. You can also call the Office of Admission at (213) 740-1111 or email us.

Can I still apply for financial aid if I haven’t already?

Yes. Even if you missed a deadline, you can still apply. Be sure to complete both the CSS PROFILE at www.collegeboard.org/profile and the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov as soon as possible. You may also need to submit your federal income tax and any other information requested to the USC Financial Aid Office. Please visit financialaid.usc.edu for more information.

California residents: Apply for a Cal Grant. Have the school you currently attend or most recently attended submit your GPA information to the California Student Aid Commission. For more information, please visit www.csac.ca.gov.

Why can't a parent view financial aid information online?

See USC's Privacy Policy.

How do I apply for housing?

First-year students should visit the USC Housing website to submit their applications online by May 1.

First-year and transfer students admitted to spring semester can submit their housing applications beginning July 1. Applications received before July 1 will be grouped with those received on July 1.

Spaces fill quickly, so we encourage you to apply for housing as soon as possible, even if you have not yet decided to attend USC. Transfer students are encouraged to apply as soon as they are admitted. Many transfer students arrange to live off-campus in privately owned apartments. Please visit housing.usc.edu for more information.

Do I need to register for Orientation?

We encourage all incoming students to register for Orientation. Orientation will give you a chance to become more familiar with the campus, learn about student life and register for your first semester of coursework. You will also receive academic advisement and have the opportunity to meet USC faculty. Students and family members must register at orientation.usc.edu.

Where do I submit my final transcripts and/or AP or IB scores?

Incoming first-year students must provide the Office of Admission with final high school transcripts by July 1. Transcripts must show the student’s date of graduation.

Admitted transfer students should submit their final college transcripts as soon as their current academic term has ended.

Transcripts should be sent to:

University of Southern California
Office of Undergraduate Admission
3601 South Flower Street, Room 112
Los Angeles, CA 90089-0911

International Baccalaureate (IB) Higher Level examination scores and Advanced Placement (AP) scores should be sent to:

USC Registrar One Stop Center
Undergraduate Transfer Credit Services
615 Childs Way, TRO 101
Los Angeles, CA 90089-0912
Please visit arr.usc.edu/transfercredit for more information.

International students must submit official transcripts in their original language, accompanied by an English translation.

For more information, please visit the Office of Degree Progress.