Admitted Students: Transfer Admits FAQ

Transfer Admits FAQ

Where can I learn more about the impacts of COVID-19 on USC?

Visit the USC COVID-19 website for updates and FAQs.

How do I activate my USC email?

After submitting your Admit Reply form and enrollment deposit (or deposit waiver), you will receive a confirmation email that includes your 10-digit USC ID number. You will need that number to activate your USC net ID online.

How do I know which courses will transfer to USC?

The Articulation Office will prepare a Transfer Credit Report for you based on the official transcripts you submit. Until your report is prepared, you can spend time reviewing our Articulation Agreements and Histories to see how courses you have already completed may transfer. If you attended a California community college, use this website to find your school’s articulation agreement. If you do not see your school listed, visit this page to find your school’s articulation history. Please note that articulation histories are not a guarantee. As we do not maintain a formal articulation agreement with schools outside California, we cannot guarantee how courses will transfer until Articulation reviews your transcript. However, it is very likely these courses will continue to transfer the way they are listed on those histories.

How can I view my Transfer Credit Report?

Once you activate your USC Net ID, you will be able to access There you can see your degree progress through OASIS.

When will my Transfer Credit Report be ready?

The Articulation Office is working on TCRs as quickly as possible. They prioritize TCRs for students with upcoming registration dates. If you have not already submitted your final official transcripts, please arrange to have your college send your transcripts electronically as soon as possible. If your school’s system requires an email address in order to send the transcript, please use

My Transfer Credit Report doesn’t appear to have all the right information on it. When will it be updated?

The Articulation Office will work throughout the summer to update Transfer Credit Reports with new information, such as new AP/IB scores, updated transcripts, etc.

I have not yet received my Financial Aid package. When will I get it?

Our Financial Aid Office is working as quickly as they can to send out financial aid packages. Please make sure all necessary materials are submitted via your FAST Portal.

Will I get university housing as a transfer student?

USC Housing is not guaranteed for transfer students and has been made more limited this year as a result of COVID-19. Please visit the Housing FAQ for more information or contact with questions.

Can I switch my major?

On your Welcome Trojans orientation reservation, you can indicate if you are interested in changing your major and to what department.  You will be notified of specific department requirements once you indicate your interest in this change.

How do I sign up for orientation?

Students will receive an email invitation for Orientation.

All students are encouraged to add up to two guests to join them for the Welcome Trojans program.

I was admitted to the spring semester. When is my orientation?

Students admitted to spring will attend orientation in December.

What should I be doing before orientation?

You will find a Pre-Registration Checklist for the fall on the Orientation website. The checklist for spring students will be available in October.

When will I hear from my advisor about registering for classes?

Once you have reserved for Welcome Trojans, you will be directed to our Blackboard platform that will have details on how you will meet with your advisor. All advisement appointments will take place prior to your registration date.  Check your department folder in Blackboard for details.

 What placement exams do I need to take?

Please visit the orientation website for more information on placement exams.

What else do I need to know about orientation?

Please visit the Orientation website and FAQ page for more information

I am a spring admit. What should I do in the fall?

You may spend the fall however you like! You may continue taking classes, or you could work, volunteer or take some time off. If you need assistance selecting fall classes that will transfer to USC, please contact your admission counselor.

How do I know what classes I need to take for my major?

Our Course Catalogue lists the graduation requirements for each major.

Academic advisors will also guide you through the registration process to ensure you are enrolling in the required courses. You will meet with your advisor prior to your registration date.


International Students FAQ

How do I receive my I-20?

In order for USC to issue you an I-20, you need to contact your current university and ask them to transfer your SEVIS record to USC. We cannot issue an I-20 until that happens. Once we have your SEVIS record, we will prepare a digital I-20 that will be made available in your USC Google drive. Please refer to the email we sent titled “USC I-20 Process” and our I-20 website for more information.

SPRING ADMITS: If you plan to remain at your current university for the fall semester, please do not initiate your SEVIS record transfer until the end of fall semester.

I went to an international university, how will my credits transfer?

Transfer students who have completed coursework at institutions outside the U.S. should contact the International Education Research Foundation for a “Detail Report with Course Level Identification” for USC. IERF will evaluate your documents and transmit a report directly to USC. USC Transfer Credit Services will then complete a transfer credit evaluation. Please visit for more information.

If I already have an F1 visa, do I need a new one before arriving at USC?

If your F1 student visa will remain valid for more than six months after the start of your first semester of study at USC, then you may use your current F1 visa with your USC I-20 to enter the country and study at USC. If your visa will expire within six months of beginning your studies at USC, you will need to re-apply for a new F1 visa in your home country.

If you are a spring admit and you choose to remain at your current university for the fall, you can transfer your SEVIS record to USC at the end of the term. If you are a spring admit and choose to leave the United States and/or withdraw from classes for the fall term, your current I-20 will expire, and you will need to apply for a new SEVIS record at the end of 2020 after USC issues your new I-20.