Imagine the possibilities that lie ahead…
Since its founding in 1880, USC has grown into a top-tier private research institution, with all the resources of a large, urban university and the nurturing environment of a small liberal arts college.
- Challenge: Push beyond traditional boundaries.
- Explore: Los Angeles, Southern California, and the world.
- Accomplish: More than you ever thought possible.
A global outlook has never been as vital as it is today, and USC remains a leader in international education.
- Learn: Alongside the largest number of international students of any university in the country.
- Experience: Diverse voices and perspectives from around the world.
- Examine: Issues within an international or multinational framework.
- Gain: A greater understanding of how issues impact your neighborhood, the region and the world through numerous study abroad, volunteer and service learning programs.
USC remains dedicated to excellence in scholarly research that advances human knowledge and:
- Remains ranked among the top 10 universities in federally supported research.
- Receives more than $500 million in sponsored research.
- Continues to extend research opportunities to undergraduate students.
As an undergraduate student, you will enjoy numerous opportunities to pursue your own original research, sometimes as soon as your first year. Please visit undergrad.usc.edu/research for a list of undergraduate research programs.
Unique Learning Opportunities
USC’s top-ranked programs offer the interdisciplinary education and real-world experience required to thrive in a complex world where change is the only constant.
- Synthesize: Knowledge across disparate fields through a double major or a unique major-minor combination.
- Participate: In internships and service learning opportunities that allow you to apply classroom knowledge to solving real-world problems.
- Prepare: To contribute to nearly any intellectual environment by the time you graduate.
Only at USC can four years of study yield a lifetime of benefits…